VMware (virtual network)
VMware is a virtualization technology which allows you to connect to your Albion office/lab machine when you are home or traveling so you may access the Albion network as you would on campus.
Instructions to connect to VMware via a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome):
- Read and accept disclaimer.Click Accept.
- Enter your Albion network Username and Password. Please be certain the “Domain” field is left as “Albion”
- Select the “Staff” or "Student Lab" button
- If prompted, select “I understand the Risks” “Add Exception” and “Confirm Security Exception”
- You will soon see a campus desktop with the Albion background through which you can access campus resources.
- When finished, select “Log Off” from the Start menu.
WARNING: Save all documents and files onto your network drives (G, H, W, P) as files saved onto the virtual machine desktop will be lost.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the helpdesk at 517-629-0479 or email
Vice President of Finance and Administration
Director of Business and Auxiliary Services
Senior Finance Analyst
Participate in Celebrate Albion!
Can't attend Albion College's Inauguration ceremonies for our 16th president, Dr. Mauri Ditzler? Here are a few ways you can celebrate Albion, no matter where you are.
Change Your Profile Photo
One easy way to participate in this weekend's excitement is to change your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media profile picture to an Albion College icon. The Albion shield is a good one to start with. Include a link to the Celebrate Albion! page in the photo caption, and help us spread the word.
Share the Good News
Share Albion's news feature on the Celebrate Albion! weekend activities on your social media profile, and invite other Albion College alumni, parents, and friends to participate in the weekend's excitement.
We are celebrating all things Albion this weekend, including a community project Saturday morning during Community Day. Participate in your own local community by organizing or participating in a community service project. Share your photos with us on social media using the hashtag #CelebrateAlbion, and we will share your efforts!
Send Well-Wishes to President Ditzler
Speaking of hashtags, using #CelebrateAlbion to send Dr. Mauri Ditzler your well-wishes and advice as he begins his term as Albion's 16th president.
Refer A Student
Use this historic opportunity to let others know about Albion College -- including prospective students. Albion's new student referral program is a great way to help your alma mater. So is our Albion Ambassador program. Learn more about both programs, and let a current high school student know about the Albion Advantage!
Watch the Live Stream
Join us at 2 p.m. EST on Friday to watch Dr. Mauri Ditzler's Inauguration ceremonies on our live stream.
Attend the Weekend
There are many activities and events taking place all weekend long -- everything from Inauguration on Friday afternoon, the Javier Colon concert Friday night, Family Weekend activities, and athletic events on Saturday. Attend one event, or all the events, depending on your schedule, and share in the excitement of the Celebrate Albion! weekend!
About Albion College Wellness
The Albion College Wellness program aims to enable and equip all faculty and staff members to make wise choices about their wellbeing and to become healthier, more productive members of the College community.
In 2013, Albion College made significant investment in the wellness of its employees by developing “the Depot,” a fitness center reserved solely for faculty and staff members.
Led by Campus Wellness Director, Tom Johnson, the Depot accommodates over 40 participants daily with more participants joining in regularly.
Four major elements comprise the FITT Brits program: education, physical activity, data collection, and outcomes. Johnson provides personalized support and consultation, regularly collects data from participants and has seen a steady reduction in total pounds and body mass index and an increase in the number of pushups and flexibility.
The Depot currently comprises a 572 sq. ft. workout area, a 300 sq. ft. room for spinning machines, two 208 sq. ft. offices, and small spaces along the walls that accommodate dumbbells, cardiovascular machines, and educational literature.
The goals of the Albion College Wellness Program include:
- Educating the Albion College Community to realize ownership of their own health
- Providing the Albion College Community with a supportive and inviting environment in which participants can work to improve their individual health habits
- Providing activities, equipment and instruction so that the members of the Albion College Community become more physically active
- Providing an avenue for Albion College students to learn about and facilitate activities as “Fitness Assistants.”
- Wallyball - M-F at 12 p.m. (group meets on the racquetball court)
- Spinning - M/W/F at 12 p.m. with Nikki Lee
- Kettlebell - T/TH at 12 p.m. with Erik Achenbach
- Tian Wu Dao - M/W/Th/F at 2-2:45 p.m. with Andy Boyan
- Kettlebell - M/W at 5 p.m. with Drew Dunham
- Personal Training - ongoing with Tom Johnson
For questions contact Tom Johnson at 517-629-0439 or via email at
100,000,000 step challenge
Please help Albion College reach our goal!
Albion College's October 100,000,000 Step Challenge
October is "National Walking Month" and Albion College is ready to make a statement – 100,000,000 steps walked by faculty, staff, students, family, alumni and friends.
You can track your steps with an app on your phone, your Fitbit or any other wearable fitness tracker, or a good ol' pedometer, whatever works best for you! Track your steps daily, log in to your Albion College Google account, go to the Submit Your Steps page and fill out the form to record your steps. Every step counts toward making the goal, so please join us in this challenge.
Submit Your Steps
Constituent Information Request Program
Purpose & Objectives
The Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) acknowledges the need for Albion College departments, institutes, centers, and other campus entities to have reasonable access to the contact information of alumni, parents, and friends. This document aims to provide a standardized information request process that is efficient, that is user-friendly, and that facilitates information sharing between Albion College entities.
Providing departments, institutes, and other campus partners with reasonable access to constituent information will:
- Enable them to communicate more effectively and thoroughly with their audiences;
- Provide them with additional confidence in the accuracy of the contact information they are using;
- Increase the overall level of engagement between Albion College and its constituencies;
- Equip IA staff members with information that can help them to strategically engage constituents; and
- Ensure more consistency and unity in the College's communications with constituents.
IA partners that are covered under this program include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Academic Departments
- Alumni Association Board Members
- Alumni Chapter Leadership
- Alumni Reunion Volunteers
- Athletic Team Staff Members
- Board of Trustees Members
- Campus Programs & Organizations Staff Members
- Development Committees
- Greek Organization Staff Members
- Institutes & Programs of Distinction Staff Members
- Parent Leadership Council Members
- Student Group Advisors
The following is the process by which contact information can be requested.
- The requester agrees to the terms of the confidentiality statement and the agreement on appropriate use of the requested information.
- A faculty or staff member or College volunteer submits a written request to the Assistant Director of Advancement Services via an online form. If the requester is an employee, his / her division head must be copied on the request. If the requester is not an employee, he / she should have a faculty or staff member sponsor. The Assistant Director of Advancement Services will notify other IA units as appropriate.
- Advancement Services works with IT to create the list and distributes an Excel spreadsheet to the requester. IA asks for two weeks' notice on requests when possible.
- Data Verification: Each requester is asked to submit the names of five people who should be on the requested list and five who are not to help ensure the data's accuracy. Data integrity is a shared responsibility.
- When appropriate, Marketing and Communications provides design templates and guidelines.
- Requesters are asked to help ensure robust communication between College departments by copying the following e-mail addresses on all messages that use requested information (or to provide sample phone call scripts, if appropriate)
Constituent Information Request Form
The Albion College Alumni/Donor Database (including Banner, Profiles, and Versa) contains biographic, contact, and gift/pledge information on College alumni, donors, parents, and friends. The Alumni/Donor database is maintained for purposes related to Institutional Advancement (IA) programs and is subject to IA policies and procedures.
College employees should divulge no address, telephone, or other information from the Alumni/Donor database to non-College persons, unless appropriate College administrators determine that disclosure is required by law. An IA employee who receives a request for the contact information of a specific individual should offer to call the individual in question and request permission to share his / her contact information with the requester.
In accordance with Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) standards, employees will:
- Safeguard and respect donor and prospective donor information;
- Honor the wishes of an individual and/or organizational constituent with regard to how directory information and/or giving history is used;
- Record and keep only information relevant to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Identify the source of retained information;
- Safeguard prospective donor, donor, and other constituent lists compiled by the institution as the property of the institution; these lists may not be distributed or used for unauthorized purposes or for personal gain;
- Make every effort to ensure that volunteers, vendors, and external entities with access to constituent information understand and agree to comply with the organization's confidentiality and public disclosure policies.
If staff members are found to violate any of these conditions of confidentiality as described above, Albion College considers that to be a dischargeable offense.
If you have questions concerning this confidentiality statement or anything else discussed concerning confidentiality, please contact your supervisor.
Appropriate Use of Information Agreement
- Contact information for alumni, parents, and friends may be shared upon approval of a request for a particular use and can be utilized for a variety of reasons: sharing information and news, providing updates on activities and programs, extending invitations to events, distributing surveys, etc. Requested information cannot be used to solicit donations.
- Approval of the content will be handled through the process outlined above. Requests for information from IA must come only from individuals authorized to secure such information. The Assistant Director of Advancement Services approves all request forms.
- Disclosure of this information to unauthorized parties could violate the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA). All information received must only be used for the sole purpose stated in this information request and then destroyed in a secure manner. Data should never be used for communication pieces that are not previously approved.
- Data will be provided in Excel spreadsheet format and sent only to the requester's Albion College email address (if the requester is a faculty or staff member). All provided data have a 30-day expiration. If more than 30 days have passed since that data were provided, the requester should destroy the provided data and request a refresh.
- In exchange for this information, it is expected that any and all updates to constituent contact information will be shared with IA so that the Alumni/Donor Database can reflect the new information. Requesters are asked to forward any updates regarding these data to:
- Per the above-described process, requesters are asked to help ensure robust communication between College departments by copying the following e-mail addresses on all messages that use requested information (or to provide sample phone call scripts, if appropriate)
- Contact Ellen Yoakam, Assistant Director of Advancement Services, (x0347,
) with questions.
Statement of Consequences
Campus constituents who violate any part of the above agreement are subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of the President's Office.
Please complete the form below to have your request processed.