- Double major in Biology and Economics & Management (emphasis in Finance)
- Dallas, Texas
- Market Risk Analyst for Goldman Sachs
- In a nutshell, what do you do?
- I work in the Market Risk department which looks at Goldman's exposure to daily swings in the market. Within that department, I sit specifically in an infrastructure role that helps to streamline daily reporting.
- Why do you love what you do?
- After the 2008 economic crisis, a lot of emphasis has been put on risk management. It is nice to know that the work I am doing, is important to the company as a whole. I also love the big picture type of problem solving that I had the chance to work on to improve the efficiency of daily tasks.
- How did Albion help you get there?
- Albion gave me a lot of extracurricular opportunities along with a strong academic background.I think that was very important in teaching me time management, prioritization, and overall "project juggling." With such a small school, I have also had several chances to practice my communication skills including public speaking, interacting with groups, and writing.
- For me, Albion…
- …was a wonderful balance of academics and extracurriculars that have made me a well-rounded and educated student ready to enter the workforce. Getting involved is the best way to experience Albion.
- Anything else you'd like to add?
- Go Brits!
Take It Further: Economics and Management, Gerstacker Institute, Communication Studies, Wall Street Summer: Waldron, '14, Interns with Goldman Sachs
More Success Stories