- Communication Studies (Mass Communication track), Anthropology
- Royal Oak, Mich.
- Project Coordinator, ePrize, Inc.
- In a nutshell, what do you do?
- On a daily basis, I support my producer and help to make sure that her workday is a little less stressful. I help her run meetings, email clients, fix promotions, and communicate with developers to make sure our sites are up and running smoothly.
- What are you working on right now?
- I'm working on ten promotions right now: seven sweepstakes, two instant-wins, and one contest.
- Why do you love what you do?
- I absolutely love my job at ePrize. I have never had the same day twice while working here. It's a very fast-paced and fun-loving environment with people who truly enjoy collaborating. I learn something new every day; whether it's how to code a particular item on a website or the best way to handle a conflict with a client. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect place to learn and grow in my field.
- How did Albion help you get there?
- I actually became connected with ePrize through an alumnus of Albion College. I was able to reach out to this particular alum through the Career Development Office at Albion and set up an informational interview with him to learn more about ePrize and their internship program. I then attended the Michigan College Foundation open house with Albion during my senior year, which was held at ePrize. I was hooked on working at ePrize after that day.
- For me, Albion ...
- ... will always be my home. It's the place where I learned who I was and where I wanted to go. I can safely say that I wouldn’t be where I am today without the amazing people I met and the experiences that I had at Albion College.
- Anything else you'd like to add?
- I chose Mass Communication because I wanted to learn more about how people communicate with one another, but more specifically through different mediums such as social media. Although I'm not currently working in anthropology, I'm very happy that I took so many courses in this area of study. I truly believe that learning about different cultures helped me to easily work with people who communicate and understand things differently from myself.
Take It Further: Video: Rebecca at ePrize; Communication Studies; Anthropology and Sociology
More Success Stories