Where small commitments make big differences.
Service work provides opportunities to gain experience in an area you are considering as a career. You may choose to help out a local candidate for political office, assist the elderly in preparing their taxes, or work with children in the schools. Whatever your career interests are, you can find great experience in a service opportunity.
Here is a very limited list of organizations providing service opportunities—the possibilities are limitless!
- 4-H Clubs - Volunnteer as an adult in your local community club.
- American Cancer Society - Work as a volunteer in any community to help further the fight against cancer.
- American Red Cross - A national organization with local chapters.
- Americorps - Your chance to put your ideas into action while learning new skills, making new connections, and earning money to pay for college.
- Camp Staff - A resource for summer camp jobs across North America.
- Connect-123 - Volunteer and internship programs in five international cities: Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Cape Town, Shanghai, and Dublin.
- Cross-Cultural Solutions - A resource for international volunteer opportunities.
- Global Volunteer Network - A non profit organiziation which places volunteers in community projects worldwide.
- Global Volunteers - Live and work with local people on life-affirming service programs.
- GoAbroad.com - Directory of over 27,000 opportunites abroad updated daily.
- Habitat for Humanity - Building projects across the nation and world change lives and communities.
- Idealist.org - Thousands of volunteer opportunities in the nonprofit sector.
- Innisfree - Provide live-in caregiving to residents with intellictually disabilities.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation - Fulfilling the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses - opportunities available at chapters across the country.
- Michigan Community Service Commission - Provides vision and resources to strengthen communities through volunteerism.
- Michigan Nonprofit Association - Committed to promoting and strengthening a life-long ethic of service and civic engagment through the support of community-building initiatives.
- Peace Corps - Work across the globe to train people for better lives.
- Rotary International - Service club providing volunteer opportunities locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Student Conservation Association - Providing hands-on conservation service opportunities.
- Teach for America - Teaching children in underserved areas.
- UN Volunteers Program - The United Nations Volunteer Program (UNV) is the UN organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide.
- United Way - Volunteer in one of countless ways across America through the United Way.
- Volunteer Centers of Michigan - Statewide network of over 30 volunteer centers serving 59 Michigan counties.
- Volunteer Match - Find opportunities around the country to volunteer.
- World Volunteer Web - A resource of networking and dissemination of information, to develop an inclusive and global volunteer network.
This page contains links to web sites that are not under the control of Albion College or the Career and Internship Center. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The Career and Internship Center provides these links merely as a courtesy. The data contained in this web site is for informational purposes only and is not represented to be error free.