Learning Support Center
Most college students discover at some point in their academic career that they would benefit from additional academic support. The Learning Support Center provides services to the general Albion student population as well as services to students with disabilities.
Albion College is committed to providing equal access and reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities as defined under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and strives to make programs and facilities accessible to individuals with disabilities.
For all students, we provide:
- Analysis of individual learning styles
- Recommendations for study and learning approaches that best suit each student's needs
- The Semester Planning Calendar for Fall 2013
- Support with organization, planning your time and study skills
- Tutors and academic coaches in all subject areas
For students with disabilities, we provide:
- Accommodations for classroom lectures and exams
- Auxiliary services including readers, textbooks on audio tape, course lectures and academic coaching
The Learning Support Center is located in 411 Ferguson (on the first floor of the administration building) and is open during regular business hours throughout the school year. The main phone is 517/629-0825; Fax 517/629-0578; Adaptive Technology office 517/629-0411.
For comprehensive information about accommodations and services for students with disabilities, visit the Disability Services page.