International Student Admission Requirements
What it takes to be a Briton starts here.
So you've thought about it, and now all that's left to do is apply. You’ll find all the necessary information right here. Albion College requires the following for all international students:
1. A completed application.
2. Original or certified copies of all academic records, secondary school transcripts, and college or university transcripts translated into English with a listing of individual courses including types, number, and grades received. A minimum of at least three years of records are required from students applying from a four-year secondary institution. A minimum of two years of records is required from students applying from three-year secondary institutions. In some cases, transfer students from colleges or universities outside the United States seeking admission to Albion College will require an external evaluation by World Education Services (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for transfer of college credits. Collegiate credits can be transferred at any time after the semester ends, but will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis by the Albion College Registrar.
3. Demonstrated English language proficiency if you are not a native speaker.
- TOEFL Scores – IbT (79 or higher) or PbT (550 or higher)
- IELTS – Academic band score of 6.5 or higher
- ELS – Completion of ELS Language Center course 112
- CEEB/TOEFL School Code: 1007
Official scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, or SAT, or the completion of ELS course 112, should be sent directly to Albion College from the Educational Testing Service.
4. ACT and SAT Testing: Albion College will accept an ACT and/or SAT scores (including Writing) in lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS. You should request that ACT and SAT scores be sent directly to Albion College.
In most cases, only one of the tests mentioned above is necessary.
5. A recommendation letter from your school guidance counselor, headmaster, or official, which is included in the Albion College International Student Application. Letters typed on school letterhead may be substituted in lieu of the official forms.
6. The Albion College Statement of Financial Support for International Students (PDF) with all required supporting documentation, including bank statements, income and salary statements of parents from their employers, and/or a sponsorship letter. The College Board International Student Financial Aid Application may be used in lieu of the Albion College Statement of Financial Support. Supporting documents will still need to be submitted.
Your application will be reviewed once we receive your completed application and supporting documentation. If we have questions or need additional information, we will contact you via email.