Junior Caitlin McClorey, fresh off a summer internship at Valassis, a Detroit-area marketing company, was among a group of students in Albion’s Carl A. Gerstacker Institute for Business and Management who traveled to Paris in October for a week of intensive work on business plans with students from École Supérieure De Vente (SDV), a French business school.
Sophomore Theresa Hencsie is studying accounting and competing in cross country as she follows through on a military commitment. The Troy native enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserves during her senior year of high school. “I’m driven toward challenges,” she says. “The thought of proving myself and doing something few Americans do enticed me.”
Albion College is pleased to announce the appointment of two new members of the board of trustees: Ernst & Young senior partner Kevin Asher, '86, and physician and entrepreneur Dennis Wahr, '74.
“I have been interested in forensic science for many years,” says Wilburn, a biochemistry major, “so this has turned into a perfect opportunity to observe the goings-on in a forensics lab and better get a grasp if this is what I want to pursue as a career.”
Whether the field is academics or athletics, Carl Pressprich has used his work ethic and drive to excel. This semester, the physics major who is starting his third and final year in Albion's dual-degree program in engineering is writing computer programming language during a 16-week experience at the Oak Ridge (Tenn.) National Laboratory.
Faculty, staff, students and alumni gathered to welcome a new face to Albion College with the October 11 unveiling of Chancellor Donna Randall's portrait. The work by Leslie Adams was commissioned by the Board of Trustees to honor Randall's six-year tenure as president.
- Marissa Cloutier, '14: Considering Community Health in Ghana
- Zander Tu, '15: Searching for Links to Tumor Inhibition
- Professor's Work Sheds Light on UN Security Council
- Canoe Club Achieves Runner-Up Finish in Outdoorsman Triathlon
- Psychology Alumna Fast, '08, Honored at National Meeting
- McWhirter Chosen to Participate in 2013-14 Wabash Center Colloquy
- Albion Theatre Students Are a Hit Backstage at Ohio Light Opera
- Sculptor Middlebrook, '66, Celebrates Monumental Year
- Malus, '15, Does Bronze Age Dental Detective Work in India
- Matthew vandenBerg Named Associate VP of Development