Albion College psychological science professor Drew Christopher was recently granted the 2013 Robert S. Daniel Teaching Excellence Award from the Society for the Teaching of Psychology (STP), part of the American Psychological Association (APA). The award, given each year to one four-year college/university professor, was presented to Christopher at the national APA convention in Honolulu.
Once again, Albion College is receiving recognition as a leader in undergraduate education. Citing a "growing reputation" that "provides undergraduates with a 'rigorous but rewarding' academic experience replete with 'huge opportunities,'" The Princeton Review counts Albion among The Best 378 Colleges.
Heather Waldron, '14, won a competitive internship to spend the summer with Goldman Sachs' market risk management team in their Finance division in New York City. During 10-to-16-hour days, "we analyze data and predict what would happen to the company if certain market swings occur," said Waldron. "It's definitely a challenge to understand the importance of these numbers and what they mean."
Zane Havens, '12, is combining his love for the water, the environment, and adventure while serving as a quartermaster for the Hikianalia. Along with its sister vessel, the Hokule’a, the Polynesian voyaging canoe has been restored and is making a 1,000-mile trip around Hawaii with stops at 30 ports through October before departing for Tahiti next year as part of a worldwide voyage.
Brian Spencer, '13, and Jane Finkel, '14, are launching what they hope will be successful careers in the music industry this summer. They make up the duo Less Is More, which has booked regular performances at Goodfellow’s and the Pink Pony on Mackinac Island and has been accepted into the Traverse City Film Festival.
"One of the best parts of my summer job is meeting with my bosses. I'm the barn manager for the Mackinac Community Equestrian Center and we do a lot of event planning while we're on rides. The trail is a great place to think, and I have been given some of the best advice I have ever received on them."
- Paul Lewis, '14, Shares His Love for the Arts on the Road
- Patrick McLean Named New Ford Institute Director at Albion College
- Facilities Operations Continues to Launch Sustainable Initiatives
- College Works with Albion Schools on District Transition
- Faculty, Staff Celebrate Wellness, Weight Loss with Dedicated Facility
- Two Alumnae Join College Board of Trustees
- Two Win Full-Tuition Distinguished Albion Scholar Awards
- Miller, '14, Reflects on Semester in New York Arts Program
- NASA Names Josh Cassada, '95, a 2013 Astronaut Candidate
- Albion Names Interim Finance and Administration VP