Tori Malus, ’15, participated in some fascinating detective work this past summer—work that is providing new insights into the agricultural practices of Bronze Age people of the Indus Civilization, in what is now India. Her research experience working alongside Albion anthropology professor Brad Chase also has solidified her plan to pursue a career in forensic medicine after graduation.
Albion College has announced the appointment of Matthew vandenBerg as associate vice president for development. VandenBerg, who is currently assistant dean for development and alumni relations at the Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing, will join the College’s Office of Institutional Advancement on January 13, 2014.
Joe Silvestri, '15, spent his summer gaining real-world experience in hopes it will give him an edge when its time to apply for medical school. The Detroit Catholic High School product, who achieved distinction on the all-MIAA first team in men's lacrosse last spring, went to work in Cliff Harris' chemistry lab before returning to metro Detroit to continue shadowing physicians.
Albion College issued several updates to the College community—through e-mails and automated telephone messages and on Albion.edu and social media—shortly after and in the days following the thunderstorm of September 11 that caused property damage in many parts of the City of Albion.
It was a win-win all around as Albion residents showed up in force to celebrate the College's Community Day. While a big focus was the first night football game (and first win under the lights) at Sprankle-Sprandel Stadium, the community also scored big, donating nearly 700 pounds of food for Albion's Food Bank.
Carrie Booth Walling, assistant professor of political science, authored an op-ed piece in the Sept. 10 Detroit Free Press in advance of President Obama's evening address to the nation regarding the situation in Syria. She also provided her analysis on two area TV news programs—on WWMT (channel 3, Kalamazoo) and WLNS (channel 6, Lansing)—before and after the president spoke.
- Major Gift Advances Albion College Soccer/Lacrosse Project
- Six to Receive Distinguished Alumni Award at Homecoming 2013
- Glenn, '15, Works to Improve Living Conditions in Appalachia
- Susan Ford Bales Reveals Her Father's Legacy at Convocation
- Farmers' Market Kicks Off Sustainability Theme Year
- Students Right at Home in New Journey House
- Geology Students Go with the Flow in Hawaii
- Gitre, '14, Goes West for Chemistry Research Experience
- Frandsen Accepts Presidential Charge in Recognition Ceremony
- Puzzles in Polymers: Joe Thomas, '14, at BASF