Albion College's "Keep Calm and Get Your BritON" was the Excellence in Design gold winner in the 2013 Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District V "Pride of CASE V" awards. The College also received two bronze awards, for Best Institutional Website and Best Electronic Newsletter.
Albion College is back as a player in the annual accounting competition sponsored by the American Institute of CPAs. Albion was the underdog last fall as it was the smallest of the academic institutions to have a team reach the finals in Washington, D.C. This year, the team comprised of students Peter Curry, John Rogers, Victoria Slater and Don Strite and advisor John Carlson are one of 15 to advance to the semifinal round of competition.
Junior Caitlin McClorey, fresh off a summer internship at Valassis, a Detroit-area marketing company, was among a group of students in Albion’s Carl A. Gerstacker Institute for Business and Management who traveled to Paris in October for a week of intensive work on business plans with students from École Supérieure De Vente (SDV), a French business school.
Sophomore Theresa Hencsie is studying accounting and competing in cross country as she follows through on a military commitment. The Troy native enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserves during her senior year of high school. “I’m driven toward challenges,” she says. “The thought of proving myself and doing something few Americans do enticed me.”
Albion College is pleased to announce the appointment of two new members of the board of trustees: Ernst & Young senior partner Kevin Asher, '86, and physician and entrepreneur Dennis Wahr, '74.
- Forensics Foray: Wilburn, ’14, Interns with Michigan State Police
- Pressprich Works to Secure Wireless Networks
- Randall Portrait Unveiled at Homecoming
- Marissa Cloutier, '14: Considering Community Health in Ghana
- Zander Tu, '15: Searching for Links to Tumor Inhibition
- Professor's Work Sheds Light on UN Security Council
- Canoe Club Achieves Runner-Up Finish in Outdoorsman Triathlon
- Psychology Alumna Fast, '08, Honored at National Meeting
- McWhirter Chosen to Participate in 2013-14 Wabash Center Colloquy
- Albion Theatre Students Are a Hit Backstage at Ohio Light Opera