Nobel Laureate Richard Alley, who regularly advises world leaders and U.S. legislators on climate-change science, used history and personal anecdotes to illustrate the science and to suggest workable ways to combat global warming during his Joseph S. Calvaruso Keynote that capped Albion College's 25th Elkin R. Isaac Student Research Symposium on April 24.
Albion College's 25th annual Elkin R. Isaac Research Symposium opened with a high-energy presentation by Hugh McDiarmid, '84, who earned a standing ovation for his insights into "Michigan's Clean Energy Success and Why Not Everyone Is Thrilled."
Carl Pressprich's already successful career as an Albion College student-athlete has taken a star turn. The physics major, third-year pre-engineering student and recent MIAA men's lacrosse Defensive Player of the Week is pictured on the cover of the latest issue of NCAA Champion magazine.
Whether the organization is the men’s soccer team, the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee or the Sigma Nu fraternity, Andrew Bobowski desires to be a leader at Albion College. The sophomore from Rockwood, Michigan, also got to role-play a leader—a Bolivian general—as part of Albion's Model UN club that recently traveled to New York for a competition.
Michigan Campus Compact (MCC) recently recognized 25 Albion College students for outstanding dedication to community service. Several of these students accepted their awards in person at MCC's annual program on April 12.
Nobel laureate Richard Alley presents a thought-provoking look at climate change as the 2014 Joseph S. Calvaruso Keynote speaker, capping Albion College's 25th annual Elkin R. Isaac Student Research Symposium. Alley takes the Goodrich Chapel stage at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 24. The symposium also features the Isaac Alumni Lecture, to be given by the Michigan Environmental Council's Hugh McDiarmid, '84, on Wednesday, April 23, at 7:30 p.m. in Towsley Lecture Hall, and presentations from nearly 100 Albion students throughout the day on April 24.
- Albion to Recognize 2014 Young Alumni Award Recipients
- Harrison-Ross, '56, Recognized by NY Society for Ethical Culture
- Dave Camp, '75, to Retire from Congress
- Stephanie Sanders, '15, Awarded Goldwater Scholarship
- The Substance of Sustainability: Sara Sample's Semester in France
- Logan Woods, '14, Receives Fulbright Award
- Alex Yaw, '14: Promoting Healthy Lives, Transforming Hers
- After 10 Years of Service, Frandsen to Leave Albion on July 1
- History Professor Sacks Quoted in NY Times
- Bon Appétit CEO Bauccio to Speak at 2014 Albion Commencement