- Always call for an escort when walking alone after dark.
- When walking in groups or pairs without a Campus Safety escort, walk assertively and confidently and be aware of your surroundings.
- If you receive annoying or harassing telephone calls, hang up immediately—do not respond to the caller. If the calls persist, keep a record of the time and the voice description, and then contact Campus Safety. If you feel that you are in immediate danger, call Campus Safety at once.
If You Sense a Potential Threat...
- Consider your options, then take action.
- Try to get away from the danger.
- Yell or scream. Create a commotion.
- Run toward well-lighted public areas.
- Get to a safe place with a phone and call Campus Safety immediately.
- Describe what happened, where it happened, the suspect, and the direction to which he or she went.