Shuttle Transportation - Airport and Bus Stations
During the academic year, the Office of Campus Safety provides transportation to and from Detroit Metropolitan airport on request, subject to the requirements and limitations listed below. The cost for this transportation is $75.00 each way, or $40 each way for students travelling together. It is important to note that all students who wish to utilize this service must complete the online reservation form and submit it to Campus Safety at least one week in advance of the date of travel. Questions about this service should be emailed to .
In addition, Campus Safety provides transportation for students to or from the airport at designated times during breaks and at the beginning and end of each semester at a reduced rate of $20 per student. The dates and times for the shuttles offered at the $20 rate are listed below. Students may sign up for other dates and times during these periods at the regular cost of $75.00 each way.
Charges are placed on student accounts after the service has been provided.
Arranging transportation to and/or from Detroit Metro Airport
Note—All requests for transportation must be made at least one week in advance.
- After you have made your flight arrangements, complete the Campus Safety Shuttle Transportation Form, provide the required information, and click 'send'. After this information has been received, Campus Safety will contact you to confirm the arrangements for your transportation to or from the airport. This contact will be made within 48 hours of when the information was submitted.
- The cost for the shuttle is $75.00 each way for students travelling alone, or $40 each way for students travelling together. No cash is needed before you take the shuttle; the charge will be placed on your student account afterwards.
- You are responsible for contacting Campus Safety as soon as possible if your plans change or you make other transportation arrangements. If you do not do so, you may be charged for the cost of the shuttle.
- The College is not responsible for costs incurred by students utilizing this service who miss flights due to weather or traffic conditions.
Requirements and limitations
- Airport shuttles are only offered to currently enrolled Albion students.
- Shuttles are not normally available from 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Shuttles are not available on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Homecoming, or Graduation.
- Shuttles may be delayed or cancelled due to inclement weather, traffic conditions, or other circumstances. The College is not responsible for reimbursing students for costs associated with missed flights in these instances.
- Shuttle availability is based on a first come, first serve basis.
- Shuttles are not available for student organizations, classes, athletic teams, or other groups travelling to or from the airport.
Airport Shuttle Schedule for Beginning of Fall 2017 Semester (cost: $20 per student):
- Wednesday, August 16-9:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m., and 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 17-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 18-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 19-9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 20-9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Transportation by Train or Bus
As a reminder, Campus Safety provides free transportation for students to or from the Albion Train station. An Amtrak departs Albion daily at 1:18 p.m. for Chicago, and at 5:08 p.m. from Albion to Detroit. There is also a bus that leaves Albion at 4:05 p.m. daily for Chicago. In addition, an Amtrak departs Albion daily for Detroit at 5:08 p.m., and a bus that leaves Albion at 11:10 P.M daily for Detroit as well. Students should call Campus Safety 30 minutes prior to their departure time from or arrival time to the Albion Train station.
To/from Jackson or Battle Creek
Campus Safety provides transportation for students on a limited basis to or from the Battle Creek or Jackson train stations. This service is subject to availability of staff and vehicles, and students who utilize this service will be charged $20 each way. Students can request this transportation by completing the shuttle transportation form. This form must be received by Campus Safety at least one week in advance of the date of travel.