Student Residence Policy
Albion College affirms the educational benefits inherent in the residential aspect of the undergraduate experience, and as such requires all students to reside and board within the College residential system. Exemptions to the residence policy are granted to students who fall under one or more of the following categories.
- Commuters, defined as students who reside with their parents or legal guardians not more than 25 miles from the Albion College campus. The residence must be with parents or guardians, not other relatives. The application must be accompanied by evidence that the address given is the bona fide principal residence of the parents or guardians and has been for at least five years.
- NOTE – Students approved for Commuter Student status prior to December, 2013 will continue to be reviewed using the Commuter Student definition found in the 2013 – 2014 Albion College Student Handbook.
- Married students.
- Students with legal dependents.
- Students age 23 or older (housing can be provided if desired).
- United States military veterans.
Application to apply for one of the exemptions must be made on a form available at the Office of Residential Life, with supporting documentation as required in the instructions with that form.
A written residency exemption application form must be submitted by students to the Office of Residential Life before Monday March 17, 2014 to request residency exemption for one of the 5 categories listed above.
To obtain an application please contact us.